Sunday, January 30, 2011

The check up nightmare!

Having just had my second kidlet, I went to the doctor for the 6 week check-up, as you do, however it turned into the 6 week nightmare! The Dr asked me to hop on the scales, a scary thought at the best of times let alone after having a baby, which I did not wanting to see the result. I'm not sure about anyone else but I tend to put on a stack of weight when I'm pregnant and to everyone else it looks like I'm 'all baby' but when the baby comes they forget to take all that weight with them!! So to my horror I jumped on and didn't like what I saw.......85kg! I was 74kg when I fell pregnant with my second so that's an extra 11kg and I said to the Doc "Oh 15kg to lose" in a very sullen voice. To my surprise, and this is where the nightmare began, she said "You should be aiming for 60kg, that's a healthy range for you." OMG that's a whopping 25kg!!!!!!!!!!! How is someone supposed to lose half that much! And unfortunately for me, both my kidlets refused to take to the boob, so no weight loss through breastfeeding for me. This is going to be one hard slog.......where do I begin??? 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Em! (for the blog not the weight loss). I'm with you on that too. Just now starting to shift what I like to call the sleep deprivation weight!! We can do it :O) Look forward to following along with your blogging journey. Cazxx

    ReplyDelete